Bebe Taian: Two Down, One To Go!

September 15, 2011

Two Down, One To Go!

Two down, one to go! Two of the vintage men's kaku obi sold yesterday. That lovely gold one, and the bright red one as well. That leaves the subtle and sophisticated blue obi.

The san-san-kudo set from before has also been sold recently. It was a beautiful set. The white uchikake is still available, though! It would be excellent for Halloween. Honestly, I'd thought of getting a black obi and white wedding accessories and doing the Heron Woman from 'Sagi Musume'...

It almost makes me wonder if I shouldn't quit Artfire, despite the money it will cost me every month to sell there. I've made three sales so far since April. Which, I admit is far better than I did on Etsy. Maybe I'll stay on for one more month? I've been so busy running two other operations that I haven't had time to make a new website for BebeTaian!

As a side note, I think it is the play 'Sagi Musume' which inspired the decidedly non-geishalike dance in 'Memoirs of a Geisha/Sayuri'. Don't you think so?


2 comments:

  1. I agree.
    My guess is it's a weird mix-up of sagi-musume, oiran walk and a crazy, posessed person o.O

    I love Tamasaburo's sagi-musume by the way, so awesome (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always DID wonder about that! Maybe all the people in the movie were staring because they all thought "What the...? ... Why is she wearing... I don't even..."

    ReplyDelete