Bebe Taian: Private Collection: Red Iromuji + Maru Obi

February 25, 2012

Private Collection: Red Iromuji + Maru Obi

Just taking a few photos while reorganizing my collection.

I've been weeding out what I wear, what I don't wear, and what I will never be able to wear due to the nature of the item (ie, wedding items I no longer need, childrens' items, etc.). Now that I've also rearranged all the furniture in my room, and gotten rid of a few pieces, I'm having to downsize and come up with new cat-proof ways of storing my clothes. Too many beautiful things have been (accidentally) destroyed by a cat's claws... and yet, I'm running out of room. This is part of why I need to get with a local museum and put some of the more fabulous Taisho and Meiji items on display; raise public awareness and appreciation for antique Japanese textiles, and... well, just to have more room.

But while I was doing that, I figured it would be a good time to get photos of an outfit I love while the lighting is good!

A red Heisei-era synthetic iromuji with a speckled woven pattern, paired with a silk/synthetic blend maru obi. The maru obi is post Taisho, I think, but it probably isn't much newer than the 50s. A red-orange silk obijime paired with a while silk obiage with a shibori matsu pattern, outlined in gold thread, match the colours and patterns in the maru obi. The bright reds and oranges are so vibrant in person! <3 And the sparse bits of black threads really pop in this obi!

This is another one of those times when I wish I had a better camera. It's clearly losing its' ability to focus, either up close or from a distance. I think it's finally time to start saving back for one. My old 3.5MP Kodak is just outdated, and it's been through too much to continue. Maybe this month, I'll make a little extra and get a good deal on a new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment