Bebe Taian: Private Collection: Zori, Vintage Haori, + Phoenix Kimono

February 14, 2012

Private Collection: Zori, Vintage Haori, + Phoenix Kimono

This haori is a new addition to my collection, courtesy of Bika-Bika-san!

It's a vintage piece, and the lining has obviously been replaced with some kind of pink synthetic brocade, but OMG it is sooo comfortable. In the photo (from Bika's Flickr), it looks very orange and wrinkled. She must've ironed it before sending it out because it came wrinkle-free! It's also more of a pinkish salmon colour, with an orange tint. I was happy to wear it on my second day of owning it, when I went to lunch with my husband and parents-in-law. Tip: no time to dress in kimono? Wear haori over a nice shirt and jeans. It's comfy and styling. Add a wide belt, if you like. My haori has himo attached, so I skip the belt, but quite a few haori are sold without himo, so...

She also sent me a cute new pair of zori, and a gorgeous sha phoenix kimono! I can't wait to wear it, but it'll have to wait for summer. I have to think of an obi to go with it. I'd really like a white sha hakata obi, but that's dreaming, isn't it? Even so, maybe by then I'll find one...

Yeah, I think I'll have to get new shoes to go with it, too. Something in blue. I already have a pair of natural wooden geta. I should probably get some strong nylon cord for ties (to secure the hanao at the bottom) and some fabric to make my own. I believe I have some nice velvet scraps laying around, and I KNOW I have a lot of kimono fabric scraps waiting to be used...

It's such a pretty kimono. I hope I can do it justice.

So happy! Ookini arigatou-san dosu, Bika-bika-san! <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I can't believe I didn't see this post till now! ^^' Lol, you're welcome, I'm so glad that you liked the kimono and haori! I hope to see pictures one day of you wearing them!

    ReplyDelete