Bebe Taian: Coveted Kimono: KERA, Juliette et Justine

August 29, 2012

Coveted Kimono: KERA, Juliette et Justine

Modern style, traditional garments.

I'm in love with the greys and blues of the second kimono, especially with the use of artwork in such an imaginative way. This goes up there with my lust for a blue Yoshi kimono (ala Super Mario Bros.), with a brick obi.

I have so much lace in my drawers, and I've been wanting to make haneri for awhile. Maybe it's time to clean up the sewing machine!

It occurs to me that although my Western wardrobe is mostly black, I don't own much that is wearable in wafuku in dark, muted colours. My kimono tend to be the opposite of my daily clothes: bright, bold, and usually purchased because I was inspired by something I saw in ukiyo-e prints. I think it's time for me to get a few things for 'daily wear' in greys, denims, and sky blues. And oh, how I love the okobo with that outfit! I probably would have painted my toenails blue though, OPI No Room for the Blues, with silver glittery tips or something. Probably not my nails though- I do way too much with my hands, and fake nails always break or painfully tear off. Waitressing is hard on the hands! I'll stick with the lacy gloves!

No comments:

Post a Comment