Bebe Taian: Otsukimi: Moon-Viewing Festival

September 30, 2012

Otsukimi: Moon-Viewing Festival

Otsukimi is another holiday borrowed from China during the Heian era. The celebration of the full Autumn moon usually happens on the 15th day of the 8th Lunar month. On this night, white mochi dango is eaten, along with chestnuts and some other auspicious seasonal foods. Bring out the warmed sake! As there usually are on these sorts of holidays, there is a wonderful story that goes with it, which I wrote about previously. This is a story of the Rabbit in the Moon.

In this case, I am going to a party tonight, as my bosses are retiring from the Ichiban restaurant. I will begin working under their new appointees soon.

At first, I intended to wear my gold pampass grass kimono with a dark blue rabbit obi, but I don't want to upstage my boss with people commenting about the outfit. Instead, I think I'll just wear jeans and a nice shirt. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment