Bebe Taian: J-Fest Orlando 2012

October 7, 2012

J-Fest Orlando 2012

J-Fest Orlando 2012 is coming up soon! If you're in Florida (or even Alabama and Georgia), you should really visit. I was there last year, and despite the rain, I had a great time!

Every year, Orlando's Japanese community (as well as lots of people from all over Florida) comes together to put on a big festival. There are vendors of all kinds: food, drinks, fans, pottery, kimono, cute Japanese things like Hello Kitty merchandise, in rows under tents so that you'll have plenty of shade. Martial arts demonstrators and dancers come together on a big stage, and anyone can join in some of the dances! The otaiko performance is amazing! And of course, the staple of every Japanese convention, there is a cosplay contest. >D

I wanted to go this year, but I'll be working on A Night in Tokyo that day, instead. How I wish they were a week apart! I'd try to attend both!

I know the official website needs some work, but the time posted for this year IS correct!

Sunday, November 4th, from noon to 5pm!

The Village at Hunter's Creek
13574 Village Park Dr., Orlando FL 32837

No comments:

Post a Comment