A mysterious person (name not yet revealed) is hosting a photo submission contest for a kimonoHIME fan magazine, Go Hime! Submissions close on the 7th, so, in about an hour here.
I was feeling rather restless today and decided to dress up in my new kimono. I wasn't sure if I wanted to try submitting anything. I can't take photos of myself for anything, and my camera is about 10 years old now... but I ended up tossing in anyways, after my husband carted me out to a local park, camera in hand. <3
Plenty of familiar faces are already part of it! Lyuba of Strawberry Kimono, Naomi of Immortal Geisha + Kimono Asobi, BikaBika of Yield for Kimono, and Satomi Grim, amongst others. I don't think I'll win, but it was a great day to get photos of my new kimono!
- Taisho rose pattern komon
- Taisho peacock pattern juban
- Showa shushu Nagoya obi with shishi + fireworks motif
- Purple silk shibori obiage
- Wide pink + bluish-grey obijime
- Vintage gold/silver fan
- Long gauzy blue scarf (don't recall where it's from, but by now I suppose it doesn't matter...)
- Silver rose stud earrings
- Silvertone snake ring
- Bracelet of skull beads from a bone mala
- Stretch tabi + new sandals from Target (zori tend to break on me. Hanao are never long enough!)
- A pair of authentic bekko hairpins (but you can't really tell in the pics)